Cloud Opal Necklace
We discovered the special hand-pressed cloud opal glass cabochon centering this necklace while teetering on top of a ladder in a New England warehouse. It's one of the most beautiful examples of mid-century Czechoslovakian glassworkers' art we've ever seen.
The opal is accented with an antique button, a Cherry Brand glass jet and goldstone cabochon, and a delicate jet glass loop.
Cherry Brand glass was made by Japanese rice farmers moonlighting as glass artisans during the American occupation of Japan after WWII.
Read more on our Buttonology Blog: The Epic Story of Cherry Brand Glass
Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image
This necklace also features a sliding clasp that enables you to adjust its length to suit any neckline. You can wear it as a choker, as a long pendant, or anywhere in between.
In this piece:
- Antique metal button, circa 1880-1918
- Oval cloud opal lampworked & pressed glass cabochon from Czechoslovakia
- Cherry Brand jet & goldstone glass cabochon, made in post World War II allied occupied Japan
- Delicate French jet glass loop found wrapped in a Paris newspaper from 1912
- Antiqued brass chain
- Chain adjusts from a 15" choker to a 32" long pendant with a sliding clasp
Shop the collection: Adjustable Necklaces
Shop the collection: Japanese Cherry Brand Glass