This comely bracelet is a celebration of color with its iridescent plum, green and wine-colored glass and mother of pearl buttons.
The pearl buttons were made from mussel shells harvested from the Mississippi River by the Lady Washington Pearl Button Company. When the button company closed its doors in 1964, the great-grandson of the original owner, decided to sell the remaining stock and we bought it all.
We hand-dyed the vintage pearl buttons in small batches on a stovetop in our St. Francisville, Louisiana design studio.
In this piece (from left to right):
- Vintage mid-century Czech glass button with a wine luster finish
- Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl buttons
- Hand-pressed jet glass button made today in Germany in antique molds with an iridescent mahogany finish
- Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl button
- Amethyst floral pressed glass cabochon made in World War II allied occupied Japan
- Antiqued brass stampings made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Length is 7 1/4" to 8"
Shop the collection: Grandmother's Buttons Bracelets.