Green Opal Bracelet
Soft shades of seafoam green and olivine surround a lovely green opal glass stone in this gorgeous bracelet.
The pearl buttons on the left and right were made from mussel shells harvested from the Mississippi River by the Lady Washington Pearl Button Company. When the button company closed its doors in 1964, the great-grandson of the original owner, decided to sell the remaining stock and we bought it all. We hand-dyed the vintage pearl buttons in small batches on a stovetop in our St. Francisville, Louisiana design studio.
In this piece:
- Two Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl buttons on either end
- Green opal glass stone handmade today in the Czech Republic using centuries-old methods in center
- Three brass stampings made today in the USA in antique dies
- Hand-wrapped chalcedony glass bead chain
- Length is 7 1/4" to 7 3/4"
Shop the collection: Grandmother's Buttons Bracelets.