Aurora Necklace in Caramel
This elegant long pendant necklace features two buttons (top and bottom) that collectors’ dreams are made of.
We found them at a closing sale at the Worthmore Five and Dime in Rayne, Louisiana, still attached to their original cards with a nostalgic price tag of twenty-five cents. They are some of the most exquisite West German glass buttons we’ve ever found.
The Czech glass button in the center was made today using century-old processes.
In this piece:
- Two vintage glass buttons with coppery gold luster, made in Western Germany by the B. Blumenthal company and sold on cards with the trade name Exquisit circa the 1950s
- One gold and grey flower button hand-pressed in antique iron molds in the Czech Republic, using a centuries-old process
- Three brass-plated pewter settings made in the USA
- Stamped brass bail made in the USA
- Antiqued brass ball chain
- Length is 28” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Necklaces
Read Surprise Five and Dime Button Find on our Buttonology Blog.