Lime Green Moonglow Earrings - Luck of the Irish
These elegant earrings feature buttons that collectors’ dreams are made of. We found them at a closing sale at the Worthmore Five and Dime in Rayne, Louisiana, still attached to their original cards. They are some of the most exquisite West German glass buttons we’ve ever found.
The luminous lime green moonglow buttons we chose for this design are sweetly enhanced with gold luster dots. They were manufactured in the 1950s by the B. Blumenthal company under the trade name Exquisit, and sold for ten cents a card.
The moonglows are paired with goldfluss glass drops in the same shade of green.
Read more on our buttonology blog: Surprise Five and Dime Button Find
In this piece:
- West German lime green moonglow glass buttons circa the 1950s
- Vintage West German lime green goldfluss glass drops
- Brass-plated pewter settings made for us in Louisiana
- Brass prong setting made in the USA
- Nickel-free and lead-free brass euro wire closures
- Hangs 2 1/4”
Shop the collection: Limited Editions