This comely bracelet is a celebration of color with its iridescent plum, green and wine-colored vintage Czech glass button, and vintage hand-dyed mother of pearl buttons.
The pearl buttons in this bracelet were made from mussel shells harvested from the Mississippi River by the American Pearl Button Company of Washington in Iowa. A few decades after the button company closed its doors in 1964, the great-grandson of the original owner, decided to sell the remaining stock and we bought it all.
We hand-dyed the vintage pearl buttons in small batches on a stovetop in our Louisiana design studio. Read the sweet story about these Mighty Mississippi River Pearls on our Buttonlogy Blog.
In this piece (from left to right):
- Vintage mid-century Czech glass button with a wine luster finish
- Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl buttons
- Hand-pressed jet glass button made today in Germany in antique molds with an iridescent mahogany finish
- Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl button
- Amethyst floral pressed glass cabochon made in World War II allied occupied Japan
- Antiqued brass stampings made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Length is 7 1/4" to 8"
Shop the collection: Bracelets