Peacock Park Necklace
It was love at first sight when we found some mid-century peacock-printed mirrored ovals, one of which is featured on this lovely pendant necklace. Wearing it will make you feel as proud as a peacock.
The peacock hangs from an authentic antique button. Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
This necklace also features two vintage pearl buttons made from mussel shells harvested from the Mississippi River by the American Pearl Button Company of Washington in Iowa. A few decades after the button company closed its doors in 1964, the great-grandson of the original owner, decided to sell the remaining stock and we bought it all. Read the Mighty Mississippi Pearl button story on our Buttonology Blog.
Grandmother Buttons hand-dyed the vintage pearl buttons featured in this piece in small batches on the stovetop in our St. Francisville, Louisiana design studio.
In this piece:
- Two Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl buttons
- One antique brass button, circa 1880-1918, chosen from our collection
- Vintage mid-century oval mirror with a peacock illustration
- Victorian-style brass stampings, made today in the USA in antique dies
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length 18" with 4" extender
Shop the collection Grandmother's Buttons' Necklaces.