Green Winged Beetle - Insects
The casein button featured in this necklace depicts a green winged beetle who seems to have time traveled to the gnarly 1980s from a Victorian era encyclopedia of natural history. We discovered this beauty, which was in fact manufactured in the late twentieth century, in a tiny button shop in Bath, England.
We thought it apt to pair this quirky vintage button with an antique brass beetle button from the era that inspired it.
This necklace features a sliding clasp that enables you to adjust its length to suit any neckline. You can wear it as a choker, as a long pendant, or anywhere in between.
In this piece:
- Large, casein button with beetle transfer, circa 1980
- Small brass beetle button, circa 1880-1900
- Large pronged brass stamping made in the USA in vintage dies
- Hand-wrapped beads of abalone, carved bone and Czech glass
- Antiqued brass connectors and chain
- Chain adjusts via a sliding magnetic clasp from a 15" choker to 32" long pendant
Shop the collection: Limited Edition