Striped Beetle - Insects
The casein button featured in this necklace depicts a red and blue striped beetle who seems to have time traveled to the gnarly 1980s from a Victorian era encyclopedia of natural history. We discovered this beauty, which was in fact manufactured in the late twentieth century, in a tiny button shop in Bath, England.
We thought it apt to pair this quirky vintage button with an antique brass beetle button from the era that inspired it.
This necklace features a long chain which allows you to wear the necklace at 34”, or double it and wear it short at 17”.
In this piece:
- Large, casein button with beetle transfer, circa 1980
- Small brass beetle button, circa 1880-1900
- Large pronged brass stamping made in the USA in vintage dies
- Hand-wrapped Czech glass and carnelian beads
- Antiqued brass chain that can be worn doubled up and short at 17”, or long at 34”
- Antiqued brass chain which can be worn long at 34” or doubled and worn short at 17”
Shop the collection: Limited Edition