Cloud Opal Necklace
The hand-pressed opal shaped glass featured in the center of this gorgeous pendant necklace was a special find.
It was love at first sight when our founder, Susan Davis spied a box of mid-century cloud opal glass cabochons while teetering atop a ten-foot ladder in a New England warehouse. They're among the most beautiful examples of the mid-century Czechoslovakian glassworkers' art we've ever seen.
The stunning opal is accented with an antique metal button, a Cherry Brand jet and goldstone glass cabochon, and a delicate jet glass loop.
Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image
This necklace features a sliding clasp that enables you to adjust its length to suit any neckline. You can wear it as a choker, as a long pendant, or anywhere in between.
In this piece:
- One antique metal button, circa 1880-1918, chosen from our collection
- Oval cloud opal lampworked and pressed glass cabochon from Czechoslovakia
- Small Cherry Brand jet and goldstone glass cabochon, made in post World War II allied occupied Japan
- Delicate French jet glass loop found wrapped in a Paris newspaper from 1912
- Antiqued brass chain
- Chain adjusts from a 15" choker to a 32" long pendant with a sliding clasp
Shop the collection: Necklaces
Did you know the biography of Japanese Cherry Brand glass cabochons is steeped in cataclysmic historic events? Read more The Epic Story of Cherry Brand Glass on our Buttonology Blog.