We love the faded elegance and femininity of this vintage cameo and antique button necklace. Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
This design also includes two tiny pearl buttons made by made from mussel shells harvested from the Mississippi River by the Lady Washington Pearl Button Company. When the button company closed its doors in 1964, the great-grandson of the original owner, decided to sell the remaining stock and we bought it all. We hand-dyed the vintage pearl buttons in small batches on a stovetop in our St. Francisville, Louisiana design studio.
In this piece:
- Vintage Japanese resin cameo
- Two Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl buttons
- One small antique metal button circa 1880-1918 chosen from our collection
- American made brass stampings created in vintage dies
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 24" with a 4" extender
Shop the collection: Grandmother's Buttons' Necklaces.