The star of this necklace is a vintage button made by the B. Schwanda Button Company. The company, which operated from 1894 to 1969, was renowned for its exceptional ocean pearl and hand-molded glass buttons.
This rare and collectible button features a galloping horse depicted in white glass with gold luster. We imagine it celebrates Seabiscuit, a horse who, despite his small stature, became a champion and a symbol of American hope during the Great Depression.
In this piece:
- White glass button made in West Germany by the B. Schwanda Button Company, circa 1950-1960
- Brass stamping of horse bit, made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Brass-plated pewter setting cast today in the USA
- Brass & white enamel chain
- Length is 17” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Necklaces