La Mere de la Perle in Fern Necklace
Our original La Mere de la Perle necklace is a perennial customer favorite so we decided to re-create it using hand-dyed pearls in verdant shades of pistachio, sage, and fern.
The pearl buttons were made from Mississippi River mussel shells between 1908 and 1964. Read more on our Buttonology Blog: Mighty Mississippi River Pearls.
In this piece:
- Fourteen Lady Washington vintage mother-of-pearl buttons, hand-dyed on the stovetop in our Louisiana studio
- Four brass filigree stampings made in the USA in vintage dies
- Two tiny Austrian crystals
- Three styles of antiqued brass chain
- Length is 16" with a 4" extender
Shop the collection: Lady Washington Pearls
Shop the collection: Necklaces