Ainsley Necklace in Sapphire
A brilliant sapphire and goldstone glass cabochon is the star of this pendant necklace.
We were beside ourselves with joy when we discovered these cabochons wrapped in their original tissue paper, sealed with an orange sakura blossom label. This distinctive label revealed their identity as Cherry Brand glass which was made in Osaka, Japan during the post-WWII American occupation. Read more in The Epic Story of Cherry Brand Glass on our Buttonology Blog.
The glass pendant hangs from one authentic antique metal button. Each antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece:
- One small antique metal button, circa 1880-1900
- Sapphire and goldstone glass lampworked Cherry Brand cabochon from post World War II allied Occupied Japan circa 1945-1951
- Two small Czech pressed and lampworked glass beads
- Victorian-style setting cast in pewter and plated in brass in the USA
- Small brass-plated bezel cast in pewter in Louisiana
- Two brass filigree stampings made in vintage dies in the USA
- Length is 15" with 4” extender
Shop the collection: Necklaces