Aurora in Pink Necklace
We found two of the sweet buttons in this pendant necklace at a closing sale at the Worthmore Five and Dime in Rayne, Louisiana. They were still attached to their original cards with a nostalgic price tag of twenty-five cents. They are some of the most exquisite West German glass buttons we’ve ever found.
We special ordered the pink glass rosebud in the middle position in this necklace from one of the few remaining button-pressing shops operating in the Czech Republic. It was manufactured today using century-old techniques.
In this piece, from the top:
- Lovely pink moonglow glass button set with a rhinestone, made in mid-century Western Germany and sold on Le Chic cards
- Pink glass button of a rose accented with gold luster, hand-pressed in the Czech Republic in vintage molds
- Art Moderne satin glass sunburst button, made in Western Germany by the B. Blumenthal Company circa the 1950s
- Three brass-plated pewter settings made in the USA
- Stamped brass bail made in the USA
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 28” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Necklaces
Read Surprise Five and Dime Button Find on our Buttonology Blog.