Aviary Charm Necklace and Bracelet - Birds
A sweetly abundant aviary of bird species flourishes on the multiple antique buttons featured in this chirpy charm necklace.
Note the two-piece brass button featuring Mr. Rook. This button is an ode to a popular children’s storybook, published in 1901, called The Ballad of Mr. Rook. It was written by George Wyndham, who at the time was the Chief Secretary of Ireland, and tells a sweet tale about a family of rooks (small blackbirds) who found a safe home in the author's neighborhood. These lucky birds were even given umbrellas to protect them from the rain.
Note this necklace can be taken apart and worn as a bracelet as well as a necklace.
In this piece:
- Antique pewter heron on a brass button, circa 1880-90
- Brass button depicting three swallows, circa 1880-1900
- Stamped brass button depicting two grouse, circa 1880-1900
- A two-piece brass button depicting ‘Mr. Rook’
- A two-piece brass and steel button depicting a stork, circa 1880-1900
- Antiqued brass and enamel chain
- Two sets of ring and toggle closures
- Necklace length is 10”
- Transforms into a 7 1/2” bracelet
Browse the collection: Limited Editions