This classic two-sided, reversible necklace features a rare vintage Czech jet glass button and a hand-carved Lady Washington mother-of-pearl button made from Mississippi River mussel shells.
We named it after the famous 19th-century bohemian Parisian nightclub called Le Chat Noir, which opened its doors in 1881.
Queen Victoria's husband inadvertently made black glass buttons trendy twenty years before this illustrious event by dying of typhoid fever. The Queen wore mourning attire for the rest of her life, and as she and her court determined what was fashionable, her signature black buttons became all the rage.
The American pearl was hand-carved from Mississippi River mussel shells by the American Pearl Button Company of Washington, of Iowa.