Cleo in Jet EarringsRegular price $37.00
These earrings flaunt a mid-century Czech hand-pressed glass button, a rare hand-molded French jet glass button & a stunning goldstone Cherry Brand glass button.
We found the French glass beads wrapped in a Paris newspaper from 1912.
We were beside ourselves with joy when we discovered the Cherry Brand cabochons we used in these earrings wrapped in their original tissue paper, sealed with an orange sakura blossom label.
The distinctive label revealed their identity as Cherry Brand glass which was manufactured in Osaka, Japan during the American occupation after WWII.
Read more on our Buttonology Blog: The Epic Story of Cherry Brand Glass
In this piece (from top to bottom):
- Vintage bronze glass nailheads made in Czechoslovakia, circa 1950
- Rare, hand-molded French jet glass beads, circa 1912
- Jet & goldstone Cherry Brand glass, made in Japan between 1945 & 1951
- Brass stamping made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Nickel-free & lead-free brass euro wire closures
- Hangs 2"
Shop the collection: Earrings
Shop the collection: Japanese Cherry Brand Glass