Cleo in Jet Earrings
On our hunts for vintage glass, we're always thrilled to discover dusty bags of hand-pressed glass cabochons. These earrings flaunt a bronze mid-century Czech glass button, a rare hand-molded French jet glass button & a stunning goldstone Cherry Brand glass button.
Cherry Brand glass was made in Osaka by Japanese rice farmers moonlighting as glass artisans during the American occupation of Japan after WWII.
Read more on our Buttonology Blog: The Epic Story of Cherry Brand Glass
In this piece (from top to bottom):
- Vintage bronze glass nailheads made in mid-century Czechoslovakia
- Rare, hand-molded French jet glass, found wrapped in a Paris newspaper from 1912
- Jet and goldstone Cherry Brand glass, made in post World War II allied occupied Japan
- Brass stamping made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Nickel-free and lead-free brass euro wire closures
- Hangs 2"
Shop the collection: Earrings
Shop the collection: Japanese Cherry Brand Glass