Crimson Quail Necklace - Birds
The tinted brass quail button featured in this necklace resembles the more common stamped brass hunt buttons typically used on Victorian gentleman's’ hunting blazers. This one, however, is decidedly feminine and likely adorned a women’s gown.
It sweetly exemplifies the Victorian age mania for natural history in general and ornithology in particular.
In this piece:
- Medium tinted brass button with applied stamped quail, circa 1880-1900
- Dyed and carved pearl button with cut steel center, circa 1880-90
- Brass-plated pewter setting made in the US
- Brass bail
- Gold plated braided chain
- Length is 18” with a 4” extender
Browse the collection: Limited Editions