This iridescent necklace features a radiant Czech glass peacock button made today in antique molds by one of the few remaining Czech glass button artisans using century-old manufacturing processes.
READ MORE > A Passion for Czech Glass, Buttonology Blog.
The Czech glass button hangs from a Victorian-era antique button characterized by its chased or hammered brass. Metalworkers forged the lovely designs on these buttons by ‘hammering’ on their backside to create a low relief design or ‘chasing’ on the front side to sink the metal.
Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece:
- Antique chased or hammered brass button, circa 1870-1880
- Modern glass peacock button hand-pressed in the Czech Republic in antique molds
- Brass pronged setting stamped today in the USA in vintage dies
- Brass-plated pewter setting cast today in Louisiana
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 18” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Czech Glass
Shop the collection: Necklaces