This necklace shows off two stunning vintage German hand-pressed glass cabochons in complementary shades of violet. We named it Ione, a girl's name of Greek origin meaning violet.
Anchoring this necklace is a piece of hand-pressed agate glass, perfectly complemented by a lighter violet moonstone nestled above the brass stamping.
After the Second World War, German glass artists advanced the Bohemian glass-making trade by inventing marbled agate glass. They melted canes of colored glass over a lampworking flame, blended in bits of clear glass, and then hand-pressed the mixture into molds.
In this piece:
- Violet agate glass cabochon, made in West Germany, circa 1950-1960
- Violet moonstone cabochon, made in West Germany, circa 1950-1960
- Brass filigree stamping made today in the USA in vintage dies
- Brass settings stamped today in the USA in vintage dies
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 18” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Necklaces