This necklace showcases a brilliant Czech glass button featuring an energetic whirl of ivy leaves floating in a clear glass dome above an iridescent baby blue pool.
This distinctive button was hand-pressed in antique molds and manufactured using centuries-old processes and is a testament to the enduring talents of the remaining Czech glass artisans still working today.
READ MORE > A Passion for Czech Glass, Buttonology Blog.
The Czech button hangs from an antique, one-of-a-kind Victorian-era chased or hammered brass button. Metalworkers forged the lovely designs on these buttons by ‘hammering’ on their backside to create a low relief design or ‘chasing’ on the front side to sink the metal.
The antique button is one and only, chosen just for you, so it will not be identical to the image.
In this piece:
- Small chased or hammered brass button, circa 1870-1880
- Modern aqua glass button hand-pressed in the Czech Republic in antique molds
- Brass pronged setting stamped today in the USA in vintage dies
- Small brass-plated pewter setting cast in Louisiana
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 20” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Czech Glass
Shop the collection: Necklaces