Jet & Jade Opal Bracelet
This bracelet is a rare beauty featuring two of the most beautiful Czech glass cabochons we've ever found. It was love at first sight when Susan Davis, Grandmother's Buttons founder, spotted a box of the mid-century jet and jade opal glass cabochons while teetering atop a ladder in a New England warehouse.
It also includes a century-old button. Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece (from the ends in):
- Two jade green lampworked Czech beads
- Two small Cherry Brand jet and goldstone glass cabochons, made in World War II allied occupied Japan
- Two jet and jade opal lampworked and pressed glass cabochons from mid-century Czechoslovakia
- Antique brass button, circa 1880-1918 from our collection
- Five US-made brass-plated pewter castings
- Length is 7" to 7 3/4"
Shop the collection: Bracelets
Did you know the biography of Japanese Cherry Brand glass cabochons is steeped in cataclysmic historic events? Read more The Epic Story of Cherry Brand Glass on our Buttonology Blog.