Jet & Jade Opal Necklace
This necklace is a rare beauty. Its centerpiece is one of the most gorgeous Czech glass cabochons we've ever found. It was love at first sight when Susan Davis, Grandmother's Buttons founder, spotted a box of these mid-century jet and jade opal glass cabochons while teetering atop a ladder in a New England warehouse.
The opal is complemented by an antique button and a jade glass bead displayed in a floral bead cap. Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
This necklace features a sliding clasp that enables you to adjust its length to suit any neckline. You can wear it as a choker, as a long pendant, or anywhere in between.
In this piece (from top to bottom):
- One antique metal button, circa 1880-1918, chosen from our collection
- Jet and jade opal lampworked and pressed glass cabochon from mid-century Czechoslovakia.
- Jade green lampworked Czech glass bead
- Stamped brass floral bead cap, made today in the USA with antique dies
- Antiqued brass chain
- Chain adjusts from a 15" choker to 32" long pendant with sliding clasp
Shop the collection: Necklaces