Man In The Moon Necklace
The Czech glass button centering this necklace depicts a Man On The Moon who appears both wise and slightly amused. It was hand-pressed today in antique molds using centuries-old processes.
Read more on our Buttonology blog: A Passion for Czech Glass
The glass moon holds a variety of charms, including a century-old, one-of-a-kind antique brass button, a vintage Moonglow glass bead, a tiny faceted aqua crystal, and a hand-dyed pearl button.
Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece:
- Man in the Moon button hand-pressed in antique iron molds in the Czech Republic, using centuries-old processes
- Small antique metal button, circa 1880-1920
- Hand-dyed vintage Mississippi River mussel shell pearl button
- Vintage oval aqua moonglow glass stone made in Western Germany
- Small crystal
- Pronged stamped brass setting made today in the USA
- Vintage Czech aqua crystal, set in a pronged stamped brass setting made today in the USA
- Circular openwork brass stamping made today in vintage dies in the USA
- Hand-wrapped aqua blue chalcedony bead chain
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 18” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Czech Glass
Shop the collection: Necklaces