Joyeux Moulin Rouge Necklace - Art Nouveau
The sensuous poppies languishing on the rare French champleve’ enamel button anchoring this necklace are styled with pure Art Nouveau elegance.
The lovely carnelian, putty, and apricot colors remind us of the famous theatrical posters created by Henri Toulouse-Lautrec for the Moulin Rouge.
In this piece:
- Art Nouveau French champleve’ enamel button, 7/8” diameter, circa 1890
- Pierced pressed carnelian glass oval, manufactured in Japan shortly after WWII
- Art Nouveau brass setting stamped in the USA in antique dies
- Two styles of fine brass chain
- Length is 20” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Limited Editions
Read more on our Buttonology Blog: Art Nouveau: The Blossoming of a New Century