Owl with Cut Steel Eyes Necklace - Birds
We’re mesmerized by the penetrating stare put forth by the cut steel eyes on the stamped brass owl outlined on the antique button featured in this pendant necklace. Can you imagine a Victorian gown with dozens of these tiny owl eyes intensely surveying the crowd at a fancy ball?
We paired the antique owl button with a half of a remarkable brass buckle from the 1930s in a design that is sure to garner lots of remarks.
In this piece:
- Victorian button with steel background, and a stamped brass owl with cut steel eyes, circa 1880-90
- Two-part brass buckle half, with a band of engraved brass on top circa the 1930s
- An antique brass-plated pewter setting, made for Grandmother’s Buttons in the USA
- Hand-wrapped brass and pyrite bead chain
- Antiqued brass bar chain
- The necklace can be worn long at 32” or short at 16” when doubled and fastened at the ring with the lobster claw clasp
Browse the collection: Limited Editions