The Proposal Necklace
The bone china vintage cabochon anchoring this pendant necklace depicts a dandy gentleman proposing to his lover. Romantic silhouettes of eighteenth-century couples were trendy motifs for costume jewelry in both the 1920s and the 1960s.
The vintage button hangs from an authentic Victorian jet glass button that’s at least 120 years old. Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece:
- Small antique jet glass button, circa 1880-90
- Large bone china cabochon with the silhouette of an eighteenth-century courting couple, made in Western Germany circa 1960
- Two Swarovski amethyst crystal cube beads
- Two Czech jet glass faceted beads
- One large oval setting and two long connectors stamped in brass using vintage dies in the USA
- Small brass-plated three-ring pewter setting
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 17” with 4” extender
Shop the collection: Necklaces