Sand Opal Necklace - Insects
This necklace features one of our favorite butterfly buttons. We love how the design elements depicted in the butterfly appear to be transitioning from the ornate lines that were common features in Aesthetic Movement designs to the flowing, organic curves that were prevalent in Art Nouveau designs.
The butterfly button is paired with a gorgeous celadon green Art Deco half buckle that we think pulls together three design eras in beautiful harmony.
In this piece:
- Antique brass butterfly button, circa 1880-1900
- Art Deco brass and celluloid buckle half circa 1920
- Brass cup chain set with Swarovski crystals in Sand Opal
- Handmade with antiqued brass and hand-wrapped pyrite bead chain with 4” tassel
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length is 30” with a 4” extender
Shop the collection: Limited Edition