Swallow with Pansies Necklace - Birds
Victorians were known for their sentimentality and often revealed their deepest feelings with jewelry and buttons.
The two antique buttons featured in this sweet necklace represent true love and fidelity. Swallows mate for life and therefore symbolize lasting love and faithfulness.
The word pansy is rooted in the French word ‘penser’, which means to think or imagine and therefore connotes that the wearer of this necklace has their beloved in mind.
In this piece:
- Antique brass button with swallow, encircled with cut steel border, circa 1880-90
- Antique brass and cut steel button with a beautifully-dyed abalone pearl etched with two pansies in the center
- Two antique brass-plated, cast pewter settings made in the USA
- Hand-wrapped dyed freshwater pearls and Czech glass beads
- Hand-wrapped hematite bead chain
- Antiqued brass bar chain
- Length is 22” with a 4” extender
Browse the collection: Limited Editions